The Technical Architect of the Product Development team is responsible for the end -to-end technical architecture of the iHRos’ iHRTM product. Troubleshoot and fix architectural as well as low-level technical issues. This person will be the in-charge of designing major software components and integration between them. Must have strong knowledge in Java/J2EE/Web services and Oracle Database technologies. This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be required to do lots of coding and development. Must be a team player to manage the technical team and is able to communicate well, both written and verbal.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
• Study, evaluate and propose changes to the software platform, Mobile technologies, technical components and libraries to improve performance, scalability, reliability of the software.
• Research and implement proof-of-concepts for the technical functionalities and convert them to production-ready design.
• Architect, Design and Develop software components using Java and J2EE, Mobile technologies implementing requirements / specifications / designs and integration with internal and external software components.
• Translate product requirements and functional specifications into low -level designs, inclusive of documentation of key concepts, etc.
• Troubleshoot and provide short-term and long-term fixes for technical issues such as memory leaks, system unresponsiveness, and performance issues with the older and current releases of the product.
• Validation of developed software against requirements/specifications/designs and regression validation of pre-existing software functionality.
• Assist in patching and deployment of the released software.
• Create technical documents capturing ideas, software components (high level & low -level), integration, logical, physical, and deployment architectures.
• 10+ years of experience in working with Java / J2EE / Web services, Web front-end technologies, Oracle Database.
• Strong working experience in Spring Framework, ORM (Hibernate or iBATIS), Web Services technologies.
• Strong knowledge in SQL, HTML5/CSS and build tools.
• Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
• Prior experience as Technical Architect for a major J2EE project is a plus.
• Strong knowledge in cloud technologies.